Ever notice dark marks on people’s faces? Most times they appear clumped together. If you have then that’s most likely age spots. But even though it’s harmless many people don’t like the idea of having marks and spots all over their faces. Well, no one those. That’s why people are always in search of something that can help remove old age spots on the face. So we will be looking at how to get rid of old age spots on the face.
Well, everyone treasures their face. And the face is not one of the nicest places to have spots and marks. That’s obviously because everyone that sees you sees your face. So with a mark or spot on your face, it would be glaring to everyone. This though does not mean it reduces your beauty as a person it can be quite uncomfortable.
Especially when people keep asking what caused the spot or mark. So to avoid this, the best option is to look for something that would get rid of the spot and mark. That’s why we will be looking at some harmless home remedies that you can try out. You can be sure that you would have good results with these remedy options.
What Are Age Spots?
Well, these are also known as liver spots. They also called solar lentigines. They happen to be dark areas that appear on the skin. Normally, they appear in different sizes. And they appear in places that are quite exposed such as the face, back of the hands, shoulders and even the arms. The reason for that is because these areas are constantly being exposed to the sun.
These spots are most commonly in old people. It can be seen more in people that are around 50 years and above. There are younger people that can have age spots too but it’s not as common. Most people that have old age spots actually spend a lot of time under the sun.
Many times, they look like a cancerous growth. But they aren’t. These spots are completely harmless and they don’t need any form of treatment. But if you’re concerned with the mark you can opt for some cosmetic procedures and home remedies that would help you lighten up the dark spots.
Another interesting thing with old age spots is that it affects people of all colors and skin types. But they are seen most in people with light skin. These spots actually appear flat and oval. The color ranges from tan to brown to black.
They could be as small as a freckle and they can also spread wide. There’s no telling how big the spots would be if a person has it.
How To Get Rid of Old Age Spots on Face?
Well, there are a few things that you can try out. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Lemon juice: So this the first on our list. Lemon juice has always been known to have that bleaching ability. And this can actually help exfoliate the skin. And with this, there would be reduced spots on your face. All you have to do is simply dab lemon juice on places where the spots are located. Make sure to leave the juice there for about 30 minutes. Do this every day for like 2 months. You would surely see the difference.
- Apple cider vinegar: This is another good one right here. It contains alpha-hydroxy acids. And these acids are known to help lighten up age spots. Because this is quite acidic you can mix it with a bit of olive oil. This is so that the skin wouldn’t get so dry. Make sure you apply the mixture to the spot every day and leave it for about 20 minutes. If you experience stinging or rash make sure you dilute it with water.
- Horseradish: This is known to contain a lot of vitamin C. and Vitamin C has always been known to help reduce the production of melanin. Melanin is the pigment responsible for the darkening of the skin. Also, horseradish contains glucosinolates. And helps with increasing circulation as well as removing waste from the body. apply horseradish to the skin and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. You can do this a few times a week. After some weeks you would see great improvement.
- Aloe Vera: This has always been known to be one amazing product for the skin. It helps treat many skin conditions just like old age spots. Get aloe vera plant and then get the gel inside. Then apply the gel to the affected spot and rub it gently. This is quite subtle on the skin so you might not have to wash it off after. But when it starts to feel sticky make sure you wash it off. If you can’t get the fresh aloe vera gel you can opt for the juice. This is just as effective for the skin.
- Onion Juice: This guy right here is one good one for the skin. It contains sulfur compounds. And sulfur compounds are known antiseptics. Also, onion juice contains acid that helps with exfoliating the skin. Many people don’t really like the smell of onions but if you have very sensitive skin you might want to try this out. All you have to do is get an onion and slice it. Then rub the onion on the affected parts. You can do this 2-3 times a day. Also, you can get the onion juice and add honey to it. Then apply the mixture on the face and then leave for 15 minutes. After that make sure you wash it off well.
So these are some of the remedies you can use on how to get rid of old age spots on face. You can be sure that with any of these you would see some really good improvements. Just take that bold step and try it out.